FIVE CORE VALUES: RESPECT
Respect - Treating others the way you want to be treated.
Respect is social character in action as it is given and received in public. Respect is valuing the person that stands before you. In an athletic setting the person standing before you could be the coach, a teammate, an opponent, an official or a spectator. Core value traits include but are not limited to the following:
- HONOR: Values the cost of those that lead or provide. (examples: coach, official, opponent, fan, game managers)
- ATTENTIVENESS: Demonstrates the worth of a person by giving them undivided attention.
- TEACHABILITY: Has a desire to learn without any reservations.
- TOLERANCE: Learns to accept others regardless of social, economic or race differences.
- DISCRETION: Recognizes and avoids words, actions and attitudes which could result in undesirable consequences.
Respect in Action
Respect Teambuilding Activities