FIVE CORE VALUES: SPORTSMANSHIP
Sportsmanship - Bring your best to all competition
Sportsmanship demonstrates both internal and external character. Sportsmanship is both a product of internal traits such as fairness and external traits such as hospitality. Sportsmanship is following the rules of a contest and demonstrating a concern about the spirit and etiquette of how the contest is played or administered. Core value traits include but are not limited to the following:
- COOPERATIVE: Join teammates, opponents, coaches and officials in mutual quest for excellence.
- FAIR: Compete skillfully, guided by the letter and spirit of the rules.
- GRACIOUS: Savor the challenge of a tough competitor and meet it with your finest performance, win or lose.
- HONORABLE: Respect the game and everyone's contributions.
- HUMBLE: Take success in stride - share the credit.
Sportsmanship in Action