FIVE CORE VALUES: SPORTSMANSHIP
Sportsmanship - Following the rules, spirit, and etiquette of athletic competition
Sportsmanship demonstrates both internal and external character. Sportsmanship is both a product of internal traits such as fairness and external traits such as hospitality. Sportsmanship is following the rules of a contest and demonstrating a concern about the spirit and etiquette of how the contest is played or administered. Core value traits include but are not limited to the following:
- OBEDIENCE: Fulfills instructions and rules.
- FAIRNESS: Looks at a decision from multiple viewpoints.
- JUSTICE: Takes personal responsibility to uphold what is pure, right and true.
- HOSPITALITY: Shares cheerfully with those whom he/she come in contact.
- HUMILITY: Sees the contrast between what is perfect and self evaluation.
Sportsmanship in Action